What's a girl to do when there's nothing to do at work?

Things have been a little slow at work. Oh, who am I kidding. It's been a lot slow (for various reasons). So with lots of time on my hands, I've been poking around Instagram. I got myself an account but I don't know if I'll actually use it. I don't take a lot of pictures; writing is more my thing. But it has been amusing searching through the various hashtags for my fandoms. The Sherlock stuff is... interesting, let's put it that way. Now that the special is filming, there are all sorts of set photos of Benedict and Martin. People seriously just stand around all day hoping to catch a glimpse of the actor? I would probably think differently of this if they actually shot anything interesting around here, but it still baffles me a bit. Oddly, there have been no Doctor Who set photos but maybe they've been in the studio for the past few days?



Speaking of Sherlock, the boys are definitely dressed up in Victorian era clothes. While there might be a reasonable answer for this, Sherlock and John are attending a fancy dress party or something like that, I like to think that the special is a one-off re-imagining of Sherlock in the Victorian era. Like, maybe a member of Anderson's Sherlock fan club is writing some fanfic and they're the one who is imagining the boys as Victorian era detectives? Very meta, if that's the case. It's either that or Sherlock and John travel back in time. Oh, I know! This is actually a crossover with Doctor Who. That's the 2015 Christmas special. After Clara leaves, the Doctor meets Sherlock and John and he takes them on an adventure to meet Vastra, Jenny and Strax. It's so obvious! ;-)

I loved the first two episodes of Agent Carter so much that I decided to watch them again. I usually don't re-watch episodes of my shows, so this is definitely a sign of how much this show rocks. Now I've been left with the desire to cosplay Peggy. Her leather jacket is pretty bad ass and, of course, there are sites out there that sell replicas. Peggy's got 1940s era hair and make-up, though, so I don't know if that's something I want to pursue.

The comic book expo is four months away, so it does seem a bit early to be thinking about costumes and stuff, but those weeks can fly by surprisingly fast, so planning ahead never hurts. I'll let the expo announce some more guests before I start obsessing over anything, but damn, looking at costumes is a good way to waste time. I need more work to do, stat!

Comments