Tips on Buying Good Mattress for you

When your mattress starts to sag in the middle, then it is time to get a new one. Even if your mattress does not sag in the middle, if you have had it for a long time, it is time for you to get a new one. So where do you begin. It can be a very difficult process to get the right type of mattress. I know that it is time for me to get a new mattress because I have back aches when I get up every morning. Only when I started looking for a good mattress did I realize that those things are very expensive. Some cost thousands of dollars. I just can't understand how anyone can afford it.



One thing that you have to think about is that you will be sleeping on your mattress for a long time. So if you factor that in, then thousands of dollars makes sense. Do not compromise on quality. If you do not have the money, save up for it or wait for something to go on sale. It will be worth it in the end because you would not want to change mattresses every year or every few years. And you have to think of how much time you are going to be spending on it.



Now as to finding the right type of mattress, there are a number of things that you will need to consider. If you like springs in your mattress, then you will have to decide how springy you would want it. Do you like it firm or a little bit softer. I know that people tell you to lie down on a mattress at the mattress stores. I would caution you there because of what happened to me. I wanted a mattress with springs so I went to the mattress store and lay down on dozens of mattresses. I finally found one that was really comfortable. So I ordered it and it arrived and boy was it different. The reason that the mattress was comfortable in the store is because so many people had lain down on it. When it arrived at my home, I realized that it was a little too firm for me. I ended up keeping it thinking that it will get less firm. It never did.

If you do prefer firmer mattresses, then you should look at the foam mattresses. Remember this does not have any springs in them so they will not give as a spring mattress will. You will have to decide how thick you want the foam to be. When you sit on it, only the top layer will give. You will also want to know what the density of the foam is. The density determines the quality of the mattress. A good quality one is 5 pounds per cubic foot.

Now what about memory foam? Memory foam was first created in the 60s for NASA. It was created for airplane seats. What memory foam does is that is molds to your body. It is a strange sensation if you are not used to it. Many people however think that it is very comfortable. You should go to the mattress store to try it out. Only you can decide if this is something that you want.

Then you have to also think about the sleep number mattresses. Do you really want to keep changing the softness of your mattress or have the ability to have different softness for each side of the bed? I was not sure about this one. Again, my suggestion here is to go try it at teh store. See if you can figure out what level is most comfortable for you. This may work for you if you and your spouse prefer different levels of firmness. What I struggle with is that you actually have two mattresses pushed together. So you can never sleep in the middle. I know that when I sleep alone in my bed, I have a tendency to move towards the center.

In the end, the decision is going to be yours. Choose the mattress that fits your and your sleep habits.

Comments